'Tis the season

The holidays have been hectic, but fun! The day after Thanksgiving we began decorating for Christmas and it seems there have been holiday activities nearly everyday since.  We have really been in the spirit: listening to Christmas music daily, watching movies, doing crafts etc..  Even though sometimes I get a little grouchy this time of year, I made the decision to just enjoy it and stop stressing!  I know we will look back on this time with such great memories; when the kids were young and this time of year was SO magical!



Many, many Christmas books!
Mikel reads to the boys every night, but lately it is ALL Christmas ALL the time!  We have many Christmas books and the boys love each of them.  I am pretty sure that even Luke can recite 'The Grinch' word for word! 

Mom's club Holiday Party
Our annual Mom's club party was so much fun.  The kids had a special guest arrive... Mrs. Clause!  To my complete surprise Luke plopped down right beside her and never left her side.  This was especially shocking to me since in past years Santa Clause was terrifying to Luke.


Mrs. Clause brought books for the kids.  Even Drew (who was in school) got one.  He received his first Children's World Atlas, which has been fun for Drew, but even more fun for Mikel and I to read through and plan all the places we want to travel to! (sigh... someday)

All Aboard the Santa Train!
We went to Boulder city and took the kids for a ride on the Santa train!  We met up with friends and put our kids in their pj's for their very first train ride.  What a fun surprise for the kids to get to meet Santa and Mrs. Clause while aboard a train! 


The kids were on the lookout for snakes, lizards.....and penguins? 


The boys seem to feel comfortable with Santa.  I think since he popped out of nowhere, they didn't have time to get scared like they do waiting in line at the mall!
The new Mrs. Miller! hehe!



No comments:

Post a Comment