Cascarones are real eggshells that are painted and filled with confetti. My friend Sabina is from Guatemala and told us how on Fat Tuesday children dress in costume and break cascarones over each others heads during carna'val, so we had to try it!
I have come to find out that cascarones are also used in Mexico on Easter Sunday. My mom told me how when I was little, my aunt Bobbi came home from Mexico with them and my sister and I had a blast one Easter..... many, many years ago! ;)
Here are the kids getting ready to get their bags of eggs.
Sneak attack......Drew's about to get it!
Luke was laughing the entire time!
Even the moms were attacked.
Blake hung back and ate some of the yummy food.
What a mess!! Thank goodness the moms were ready to go with brooms once the eggs were all broken, there was some serious teamwork!
No comments:
Post a Comment