Handmade shirts baby!

 I have had a sewing machine for a long time but never really knew how to use it.  Mikel refers to it as one of "Jen's crazy purchases" since it was in the closet gathering dust with my guitar! Recently some of my girlfriends and I have been getting together to have some wine, look at old pictures and (when we get to it) learning to sew!  My friend Sabina made these adorable tie shirts for Luke & Blake for their birthdays and taught me how to make one for Drew.

The boys wore these to church and got many compliments.  Don't be surprised if you see them in only tie shirts from now on!

Grandpa came to town for a conference and the boys had so much fun hanging out with him.  They were practicing their baseball batting outside and then inside on the wii.

Around 16 months Blake started walking.  Even though he was the latest walker of my boys, I have come to realize that kids can not be pushed and they will all do things in their own time. We are so proud of him. When Blake takes steps we all yell and cheer for him.  He claps for himself and always has that look of pride on his face for accomplishing something.

  Since Blake has been walking he seems to step on his pants a lot and eventually pulls them off completely.  I think he just really likes to show off his chubby knees!




Superbowl Forty-Five


Superbowl Sunday we had some friends over to the house. Here is Blake watching the game with the guys, while the kids played, and the ladies hung out and talked.  We all had a great time!

  
                                                                                  
  It is so nice to have friends that also have small children.  They all came over on New Year's Eve, as well, and we rang in the new year (east coast time) with our kiddos.                                            


          The kids (loaded up on sugar) went a little CA-RAY-ZEE!!!!!!!!









2 comments:

  1. I just miss you guys SOOO much! Send me the instructions for the cool tie shirts. Lauren and I got a sewing machine from Santa this year. So far all we have made are things with straight edges..blankets and pillow cases for her dolls. Would love to actually make something someone could wear. And BTW...aren't fun friends and wine the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tie shirts! I hope to see you guys soon!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete